Dr. YANG Lan (Joy) is Assistant Professor at the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, the Education University of Hong Kong. She obtained her PhD degree from the University of Hong Kong in 2012 on examining the effects of performance feedback and a combination of performance and attributional feedback on enhancing Chinese students’ academic self-concept and academic achievement. She was the recipient of the Global SELF Research Network Highly Commended PhD Award (2013) based on her PhD research. Her recent research focuses on harnessing the power of formative assessment from the perspective of psychology including a wide range of influential psychological constructs (e.g., self-concept, achievement emotions, learning engagement etc.). Recently, the Psychology and Assessment SIG led by Dr. Joy Yang has been established under the KRA (https://www.eduhk.hk/artist), the Education University of Hong Kong.
• Harnessing the power of feedback in education
• Feedback orientation and its role in the power of feedback
• Development of the Feedback Ecological Model
• Assessment for learning (AfL)
• Assessment as learning (AaL)
• Positive psychology and assessment