Dr. Teresa Tsui San NG is currently an Assistant Professor of the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the Institute. She has been the M.Ed. Co-ordinator of the specialization on “Curriculum and Innovative Teaching” in the academic year of 2007. Her teaching specialization lies on Creativity Studies. She also participates in designing and developing the Creativity modules that offered by the Department for all programmes including both undergraduates and postgraduates. Dr. NG has extensive experience in conducting academic researches with both quantitative and qualitative analysis. Her research interest focuses on Creativity Enhancement and Assessment, Creativity in Teacher Education, Creative Teaching Strategies in Diversified Classroom, & Implementation of Drama Education in local schools. Her publications include journal articles, conference papers, academic poster, and book chapters. She has close contacts with local teachers by conducting workshops and seminars on Creativity for various primary and secondary schools. She endeavors to make valuable contributions in conducting scientific research on creativity and in cultivating creativity within the society.
1. Dr. Teresa Tsui San NG was invited by the Asia Pacific Education Review (APER) to be the article reviewer in 2008. APER covers covers all areas of educational research, with a focus on cross-cultural, comparative and other studies with a broad Asia-Pacific context. It aims to stimulate research, encourage academic exchange, and enhance the professional development of scholars and other researchers who are interested in educational and cultural issues in the Asia Pacific region. APER is a peer reviewed journal produced by the Education Research Institute at Seoul National University. It was founded by the Institute of Asia Pacific Education Development, Seoul National University in 2000, which is owned and operated by Education Research Institute at Seoul National University since 2003.
2. Dr. Teresa Tsui San NG has been the Style Judge in the Hong Kong Odyssey of the Mind Regional Competition organized by the Hong Kong Odyssey of the Mind Programme. The Odyssey of the Mind Programme was introduced to Hong Kong in 1995 under the joint patronage and effort of the Education Bureau and The Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups. The Programme aims in nurturing the creative faculties of the students in the local territory and has proven to be a meaningful annual event for young people. With the enthusiastic support of principals, teachers, parents and students, the scale of the Programme has been expanding. It is deeply rewarding that students find the Programme to be an outlet for their creative and innovative spirits. To date, over 12,000 local students have participated in this Programme.
3. Dr. Teresa Tsui San NG was invited by the Hong Kong Uniform Team (the Youth League), the Hong Kong Teaism Alliance (government registered charity body) as the Consultant for developing a short-term training course on Creativity and Creative Thinking for local school teachers and students.
4. Dr. Teresa Tsui San NG was appointed to serve on the Executive Committee of the Editorial Board of New Horizons in Education (2009-2011). New Horizons in Education is a bilingual journal published in May and November each year by the Hong Kong Teachers Association since 1961. It became an e-journal in September 2005. Authors come from different parts of the world besides Hong Kong: Australia, Canada, China, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, etc. New Horizons in Education is intended as a forum to stimulate and enhance professional development and practice in education. It publishes papers that speak directly to practical school and classroom concerns as well as articles that are based on systematic inquiries into educational issues and practices. It also publishes studies of new developments and innovative ideas tried out in schools.
5. Dr. Teresa Tsui San NG was invited to be the Consultant of the Student’s Exchange Programme (destination = Taiwan)「大地任我行計劃」on「創意教育-教育創意」in Oct 2010.
6. Dr. Teresa Tsui San NG was invited by the Creative Teachers Association (CTA) to serve on the Judge Panel of the "Creative Teaching Competition" under the project on 「創而更優計劃」in Dec 2010.7. Dr. Teresa Tsui San NG was invited to be the Adjudicator for the "Hong Kong Creative Drama Festival 2011" organized by the Centre for Holistic Teaching and Learning (Hong Kong Baptist University), CULTaMAP, and co-organized by the Hong Kong Teachers Drama Association (HKTDA) in May 2011.
8. Dr. Teresa Tsui San NG was invited to be the Fellow of the Center for Learning Study working collaboratively on research and development works that address the theory-practice gap in the field of teacher learning and further advance the theory and practice of learning study in Aug 2011.
9. Dr. Teresa Tsui San NG was elected as the Chairperson of the Hong Kong Creative Educationors Organization (HKCEO) 2011-2015.
10. Dr. Teresa Tsui San NG was invited to serve on the Judge Panel of the "Digital Art Drawing Competition for Primary Schools 2012" in April 2012.
11. Dr. Teresa Tsui San NG was invited by the Journal of Drama and Theatre Education in Asia to be the article reviewer in May 2012.
12. Dr. Teresa Tsui San NG was invited by the Journal of Drama and Theatre Education in Asia to be the article reviewer in September 2013.
13. Dr. Teresa Tsui San NG was invited by the local newspaper MingPao to have an interview on the topic "Teaching for Creativity and Critical Thinking" in September 2014. The interview sharing was published in Oct 2014.
14. Dr. Teresa Tsui San NG was invited to be the Consultant for "The Story-Telling Gala for Primary Shcools in 2015-2016" in 2015. This event is jointly organised by the Hong Kong Teachers Drama Association, the Hong Kong Creative EducatorsOrganisation and Pentecostal Lam Hon Kwong School. This event aims to provide participants an opportunity to revisit the classic and renowned Grimm's fairy tales. It also serves as a platform for the participants to use English to act out the interesting stories in a genuine and engaged way.